Thursday, January 23, 2014

Workshop Tour

As of late January, 2014, here's what my workshop looks like:

I set up a welding station by the main door so that some work could be done on the shell supports for the MattMobile.

This table is the exclusive domain of Bo The Welder, my friend and cohort who has been invaluable on many of my projects.

A 2 ton engine hoist, just in case. I actually used this recently to lift the mill onto my workbench.

I build this workbench a few months, and it has since been taken over by my girlfriend, who also happens to be a super talented fabricator and costumer.

You can tell it belongs to a girl because the molds are pink.

Nothing ties a room together like a TARDIS replica.

A pretty good master shot of the workshop, from the back wall looking forward. You can see the Dexter kill room that was the brainchild of my friend Ewan. We set this up to use as a spray booth for his TARDIS build. Works like a frickin' charm.

These are most of my small hand tools and stuff that I use to build smaller things.

This is kind of my wall of supplies. In the boxes are materials, tools, paint... stuff that is used in the creation of all kinds of stuff. A bunch of the boxes on the right hand side are filled with R2 parts and paints.

This is my primary work bench. This is where most of the action takes place, when I'm not working on the car.

The current state of Ewan's TARDIS build.

Another workstation near the front door where I keep my drill press, belt sander, vacuum pump, and some misc supplies.

My lathe is still there too. I need to figure out where that will go.

Lastly, one of the things I love most about the shop... a bathroom!!

No comments: